It was a frustrating and cramped morning on the trains today with delays and changes to services on both lines into the capital.
TranzMetro released several text and email alerts advising passengers of the delays, but some came too late to be of use. An alert sent at 8.27am, advised that the 6.48am from Masterton to Wellington was delayed.
The delays this morning included:
- Upper Hutt Express services to Wgtn were running up to 30mins late due to a mechanical fault.
- The 7.40am between Upper Hutt and Wellington ran up to 15 minutes late due to mechanical fault.
- The 7.20am and 8.12am services from Johnsonville to Wellington ran as two cars only.
- The 7.40am from Taita had reduced capacity.
- The 6.14am and 7.14am services from Plimmerton to Wellington ran as two cars only.
- The 6.48am between Masterton and Wellington ran up to 20 minutes late due to mechanical fault.
-The 8am between Upper Hutt and Wellington ran 15 minutes late due to mechanical fault.
- The Dominion Post
Decide what news you want to receive when it suits you
Keep up with the latest news by making us your homepage
What do the stars have in store for you today?
Test your mind with our puzzles
The Little Things, Dilbert, Tom Scott and others