SKYBOX: AKL Twitter FB

Follow us:
Twitter and
Facebook


Toxic chemical stolen from factory

Last updated 12:16 26/05/2014

Relevant offers

Police are warning the public to be on the lookout for a dangerous chemical that looks and smells like coffee, that was stolen from an Auckland factory this morning.

The chemical, lignosulfate, was scooped from a 25-kilogram bag in an Avondale factory, is highly toxic, and should not be ingested.

Anybody who has come into contact with it should immediately call the New Zealand Fire Service and seek urgent medical assistance.

Police want to hear from anyone with information about the theft.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers
Opinion poll

Debate has surfaced again about whether or not the haka should be performed before an international rugby match. What do you think?

Keep it

Get rid of it

Don't care

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

News tip POINTER

Do you have an idea for a story? Email us or give us a call on 09 925 9700.