Police are warning the public to be on the lookout for a dangerous chemical that looks and smells like coffee, that was stolen from an Auckland factory this morning.
The chemical, lignosulfate, was scooped from a 25-kilogram bag in an Avondale factory, is highly toxic, and should not be ingested.
Anybody who has come into contact with it should immediately call the New Zealand Fire Service and seek urgent medical assistance.
Police want to hear from anyone with information about the theft.
Are you happy with the council rates revaluation on your home?