Health authority pleas for Aucklanders to get immunised are falling on deaf ears as 24 new cases of measles have been confirmed since last Tuesday.
Three people have been hospitalised with the infection over the weekend.
The city has been in the midst of a measles outbreak since May 30, infecting 203 people.
Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) Dr Richard Hoskins says people who get immunised are protecting themselves and the community.
"We are urging people to ensure they are immunised as this is the best way for people to protect themselves against measles and is free to those who need it," he says.
People can check their immunisation status with their local doctor and can visit the Immunisation Advisory Centre website for more information.
Last week one St Johns ambulance worker was confirmed with the disease and several staff members quarantined due to their lack of immunisation.
A case of measles was also confirmed in Wellington after a passenger travelled to the city from Auckland.
Symptoms of the contagious disease include fever, runny nose, cough, sore eyes and white spots inside the mouth.
People who suspect they are unwell with measles should call their doctor before turning up at a waiting room where they may infect others.
- Auckland Now
Debate has surfaced again about whether or not the haka should be performed before an international rugby match. What do you think?Related story: (See story)