Alleged internet pirate Kim Dotcom is facing the prospect of returning to jail just days after he was released on bail.
The Crown has lodged an appeal against the North Shore District Court decision to grant bail to Megaupload founder Dotcom.
A Ministry of Justice spokeswoman confirmed an appeal hearing is set down at the High Court at Auckland on Tuesday.
The Crown Prosecution, representing the US Government, is expected to push for Dotcom to return to jail.
The move comes two days after Dotcom told media he just wanted to go home to see his pregnant wife and children.
Judge Nevin Dawson granted bail because Dotcom because it was unlikely to have access to money that could aid him to flee New Zealand.
Dotcom was bailed to his Coatesville house with the conditions including that he did not have access the internet, no helicopter be allowed to travel to the property, that he would not travel more than 80km from the property.
At the time, Dotcom's lawyer Paul Davison QC said his client was relieved to be getting out of prison to spend time with his family.
Prosecutor Anne Toohey had argued there was a high risk of reoffending.
Dotcom, 38, founded file-sharing site Megaupload. He is accused of breaching copyright laws costing owners more than US$500 million in what US authorities call the "Mega Conspiracy".
Dotcom was arrested last month during a raid at the $30m Coatesville mansion he rented, and was previously denied bail while awaiting an extradition hearing because he was considered a flight risk.
The German-national denies any wrongdoing and says he has no intention of leaving New Zealand.
The other three accused - Mathias Ortmann, Bram van der Kolk and Finn Batato - had previously been bailed.
The extradition hearing to deal with sending four alleged co conspirators to the United States to stand trial will not be heard until August.
Is there enough support for new migrants once they arrive in New Zealand?