The Hamilton man accused of kidnapping Rae Portman briefly appeared in court today.
Portman, 33, went missing in Auckland in June and police launched a homicide investigation.
Her body was found at the back of a rural Ardmore property last month.
Name suppression for the alleged kidnapper was continued today but will be contested at a High Court hearing in the next couple of weeks after lawyer Shane Cassidy appealed a judge's decision to quash any suppression at the first appearance.
At his first appearance at Papakura District Court, the 32-year-old man cried as he looked at family in the public gallery but this morning he was more composed.
He was remanded in custody until next month.
Detective Inspector Mark Gutry said more charges were likely to follow but it was unlikely there would be further arrests.
Gutry said the Hamilton man had been a "person of interest" in the case for some time.
Portman's mother Rebecca Norton revealed at a press conference in September that her daughter was four months pregnant when she disappeared.
Before going missing from a Mt Albert motor lodge, Portman - known as "Bok" - dropped off her car at a mechanic.
After her family reported her missing on July 2 and made online appeals for information, her car was returned to her friend Kristina Le Noel.
Le Noel was later charged with stealing the car after allegedly selling it without the Portman family's permission.
Three other people were arrested while police traced Portman's whereabouts.
Brendon Wilson and Dean Addison are facing drugs charges, and Voi Marie King was accused of assaulting Portman, but the charge was dropped this week.
- Auckland Now
Have you already planned for your Christmas and New Year break?