A family had to evacuate their home north of Auckland this morning after a scrub fire, possibly caused by fireworks, broke out near their property.
The tenants had to flee their home just after 3am after the bush fire, at least 40 by 20 square metres, encroached on their house in Manly, Whangaparaoa, a Fire Service spokesman said.
It was likely caused by fireworks, the spokesman said.
The fire was now out and the tenants back in their home.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Do you wear a lifejacket when you are on the water - no matter what vessel you are in?