Firefighters have doused a blaze on Upper Queen St in Auckland this afternoon.
Fire communications shift commander Megan Ruru said emergency services were called to the Localist building around 1.50 pm.
It’s believed the fire started in a transformer cable in the basement of the building, which was evacuated.
There were no reports of injuries.
A resident said he could no longer see smoke or fire coming from the building.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Have the new speed limit rules made you change your driving habits?