Gas leak at Devonport navy base

LIZ WILLIS
Last updated 14:06 30/01/2013

Relevant offers

A worker was taken to hospital after a chlorine gas leak at the Devonport Navy Base this morning.

Navy spokeswoman Lieutenant Commander Vicki Rendall said the man inhaled a small amount of gas while changing the chlorine gas bottles at the navy swimming pool.

The man was taken to North Shore Hospital for a check-up.

Firefighters attended to monitor the impact of the leak.

The navy will review the incident and consider whether any changes can be made to prevent a similar incident, she said.

Ad Feedback

- Auckland Now

Special offers
Opinion poll

Have you ever been caught out by a TradeMe deal gone wrong?

Yes

No

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

News tip POINTER

Do you have an idea for a story? Email us or give us a call on 09 925 9700.