From seafood to stuntmen, music to sailing there is plenty to see and do to celebrate Auckland Anniversary this weekend.
● Auckland Seafood Festival returns to Halsey Wharf in Wynyard Quarter from Saturday
The three-day festival will feature the best seafood, live music and cooking demonstrations.
It runs from January 26 to 28, 11am to 6pm. Under-13s enter for free.
Go to aucklandseafoodfestival. co.nz for tickets and more information
● St Jerome's Laneway Festival will be showcasing the music of more than 25 international and local acts at Wynyard Quarter on Monday.
This year's line-up includes Bailterspace, Bat For Lashes and Japandroids.
Go to lanewayfestival.co.nz for tickets
● The three-day Auckland Folk Festival will be celebrating 40 years of folk music with guest artists at the Kumeu Showgrounds.
It runs from January 25 to 28.
For tickets go to aucklandfolk festival.co.nz or buy at the gate
● Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta
An armada of tug boats, classic sailboats, tall ships, waka ama and dragon boats take to the water on Monday from 9am to 5pm for New Zealand's oldest sporting event.
Regatta highlights include the tugboat parade, starting at the Viaduct Harbour at 9am, followed by the annual tugboat race.
The best vantage points are Princes Wharf, Tamaki Dr, Bastion Point, North Head and East Coast Bays.
Go to regatta.org.nz for a full programme of events
● Free guided boat tours
Ports of Auckland is once again providing Aucklanders with free guided boat tours of the port and inner harbour. Four tours will depart on Saturday and Sunday and two will run on Monday.
Tours depart from Pier 4 at the Downtown Ferry Terminal.
Bookings are essential. Phone 0800 360 3472 to book
● NZ International Air Show
The first NZ International Air Show will feature Jetman, launching 5000 feet from a helicopter. The three-day show is at the North Shore Airfield from January 26 to 28.
Go to nzairshow.com for tickets.
- Auckland City Harbour News
Are our classrooms becoming overcrowded?