Contact editor skybox

Get in touch

Contact the team at Central Leader


Lots of smoke - but no fire

Last updated 05:00 08/11/2012

Relevant offers

Smoke that billowed out across the Onehunga harbour last week was not caused by fire.

Firefighters were called to the Onehunga wharf on Wednesday morning to help with a malfunctioning boat engine that could not be shut down.

Onehunga senior station officer Chris Delfos says the malfunction caused quite a lot of smoke.

"People from Mangere Bridge definitely could have thought something was on fire," he says.

Mr Delfos says the boat's crew were dealing with the situation when firefighters arrived.

Ad Feedback

- Central Leader

Comments

Special offers
Opinion poll

Are our classrooms becoming overcrowded?

Yes

No

Don't Care

Vote Result

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Download Western Homes
Hot deals

Local business directory