Smoke that billowed out across the Onehunga harbour last week was not caused by fire.
Firefighters were called to the Onehunga wharf on Wednesday morning to help with a malfunctioning boat engine that could not be shut down.
Onehunga senior station officer Chris Delfos says the malfunction caused quite a lot of smoke.
"People from Mangere Bridge definitely could have thought something was on fire," he says.
Mr Delfos says the boat's crew were dealing with the situation when firefighters arrived.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Have the new speed limit rules made you change your driving habits?