Fine after finger sawn off

Last updated 11:31 10/12/2012

Relevant offers

National News

Family lost near Wairere Falls, near Matamata Shopping mall gets new lease of life as an apartment complex Neil Finn turns Wellington's Slow Boat Records store into a crowded house The 15 best hotels and resorts around the world Chiefs trounce Crusaders at home to do double for Super Rugby season Boston Marathon bomber's family speaks out Know your 'type' of obesity to lose weight, study suggests Eight-year-old girl makes $166,000 a month thanks to YouTube baking videos One-eyed Benji Marshall pleased with St George Illawarra Dragons win over Brisbane Broncos Young woman had world at her feet - before Lyme disease struck

A chopped finger has proved costly for a Cambridge beekeeping business.

Cambridge Bee Products Limited has been ordered to pay over $40,000 after an employee lost part of his finger while using a tablesaw. 

Last week the Te Awamutu District Court heard that on July 3 this year, an employee was working at the Cambridge premises of Cambridge Bee Products cutting plywood inserts on an unguarded tablesaw.

Health and Safety acting central division general manager Murray Thompson said all tablesaws should have guards and this was an avoidable accident.

The company was fined $32,000 and ordered to pay reparation of $10,000. 

Ad Feedback

- Waikato Times

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content