Ham on fire raises alarm

Last updated 10:28 25/12/2012
christmas ham
SCOTT HAMMOND/ Fairfax MZ
CHRISTMAS HAM: Christchurch firefighters were called to a ham on fire.

Relevant offers

National News

'It's killing us': Christchurch residents by quarry told to wear masks due to health risk The expensive, burdensome truth about being a bridesmaid Warriors' star recruit Kieran Foran no guarantee to tackle Titans Egyptian court jails 56 over migrant boat shipwreck that killed more than 200 Sydney FC demolishes Perth Glory to celebrate Premiers' Plate victory Taken hostage in Iraq by Saddam Hussein, I hadn't returned - until now Nathan Lyon takes four wickets as Australia, India locked in grim struggle Dozens injured in gas explosion that destroyed buildings in the UK Facebook wants to connect the globe The disparate global locations that make up New Zealand Facebook - and your news feed

Firefighters were called to a Christchurch house this morning after a Christmas ham breakfast went awry.

Southern Communications shift manager Andrew Norris said firefighters were called to an address on Manhire St, Sydenham, where the occupants had overcooked their Christmas breakfast, consisting of ham and bacon.

The ham, in the oven, was badly burnt and the house was filled with smoke, he said.

The smoke had set off the monitored smoke alarm.

Fire fighters from the Addington Fire Station arrived at the house shortly about 9.15am.

An attending firefighter said the occupants had the situation under control, but were grateful for their attendance.

"The ham is still salvageable and can be eaten for lunch," Norris said.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Comments

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content