Five teenagers charged over sexual allegations in Opotiki ... Read more

3-D Star Wars prequels paused

Last updated 16:35 29/01/2013

Relevant offers


Taylor Swift flies mum and brother to join her in Queenstown, goes on road trip Sinead O'Connor blames music, family and custody battle for her overdose Kylie Jenner on Caitlyn: 'I like her better than Bruce' At 82 Brian Hawkins is still rocking to the beat and ready for AC/DC's concert Mariah Carey's cringe-worthy Hallmark movie leaked online Van der Ploeg among artists in City Gallery's Julian Dashper & Friends Angelina Jolie reveals what it's like growing up a Jolie-Pitt Musicians for DCM – Thursday, December 3, Wellington Pope Francis releases heavenly rock album McLaren Falls Festival would've succeeded, says organiser

The force isn't with the 3-D versions of the Star Wars prequels.

Lucasfilm said in a statement that it's postponing the scheduled 3-D releases of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones and Episode III - Revenge of the Sith this autumn to instead focus its efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII.

The Walt Disney Co. confirmed Friday that J.J. Abrams, creator of the TV series Lost and director of 2009's Star Trek movie, will direct the seventh installment of the franchise, set for a 2014 release.

Disney bought Star Wars maker Lucasfilm last month for $US4.06 billion.

Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released in 3-D last February and earned US$22.4 million in the United States its opening weekend. The original prequels were released from 1999 to 2005.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content