Fisher & Paykel Healthcare took out two leading New Zealand management awards, recognising the NZX50 listed company for its financial performance and strong leadership.
The Auckland-based company won big at the Top200 awards, scooping the Company of the Year award, from other finalists Air New Zealand and EBOS. Its chief executive Mike Daniell was also named Executive of the Year, beating out the heads of Ryman Healthcare and Transpower.
EBOS stopped Fisher & Paykel healthcare gaining a hat-trick of awards, by winning the Growth Strategy award against the healthcare innovator and other nominee Z Energy.
Award sponsor Deloitte said Fisher & Paykel remained a beacon of inspiration innovation for other New Zealand businesses.
"With R&D at the core of their business, Fisher and Paykel Healthcare lead the group of world class Kiwi enterprises that were recognised tonight," said Deloitte head Thomas Pippos.
"Their wins show how an unwavering focus on innovation can drive business success despite the high New Zealand dollar and a challenging global economy," he said.
Landcorp's mark Julian won Young Executive of the Year, while Sir Murray Halberg won the Visionary Leader award.
Air New Zealand's more than doubling of its profit between the 2012 and 2013 financial years was recognised with the Most Improved Performance award.
The Top200 award winners come from NZ Management magazine's annual listing of the 200 largest companies based on revenue, and a separate listing of New Zealand's Top 30 financial enterprises based on asset value.
The judging panel combs over their financial accounts and all publicly available information and said the results, as a reflection of the economic climate and outlook, were positive.
The same companies had increased their combined tax-paid profit by 14.2 per cent in 2013, reversing a 27 per cent drop in 2012, the panel said
The TOP 200 AWARD WINNERS
- Deloitte/Management magazine Company of the Year: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- Deloitte/Management magazine Executive of the Year: Mike Daniell, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- NZIM/Eagle Technology Young Executive of the Year: Mark Julian
- QBE Chairman of the Year: Dr David Kerr
- Ilume Best Growth Strategy: EBOS Group
- Marsh Most Improved Performance : Air New Zealand
- Minter Ellison Rudd Watts Excellence in Governance: Auckland International Airport
- Federation Visionary Leader Award: Sir Murray Halberg ONZ.
- Fairfax Media