Man stable after electric shock at Hawke's Bay workplace
A man who was transported to hospital in a serious condition after being given an electric shock on Thursday morning is now stable.
The man, believed to be in his 50s, was working at the old Video Ezy building in Carlyle St, Napier, on Thursday.
The Fire Service said it responded to the incident just after 9am. Crews found the man conscious, but in a serious condition.
"The contractor has been working inside. In the process of doing some renovations on the building he has been [injured]," spokesman Michael Manning said.
"We have treated him and he has been sent to hospital in a serious condition."
On Thursday afternoon a Hawke's Bay hospital spokeswoman confirmed the man was in a stable condition.
Manning said the man had been working alone, prompting them to believe he had called emergency services himself.
"We believe he has come to and phoned us. He could have possibly been here a while."
Worksafe were notified and are currently investigating.