New evidence in phone hacking saga

Last updated 09:25 19/07/2012

Relevant offers

World

SurveyMonkey's David Goldberg died in treadmill accident Freed Nigerian women tell of horror of Boko Haram captivity Citizenship for sale: Australian government explores price-based immigration system Dotcom's extradition hearing delayed Manny Pacquiao tale of the trunks - riches born from No Fear North Korean 'executions' caught on satellite images Who ANZ chief executive Mike Smith follows on Twitter Pope Francis: It’s ‘pure scandal’ that women earn less than men for the same work Nepal earthquake: new video of moment 7.8 tremor hit The US$8 million janitor: Life and times of Ronald Read

A British lawyer representing victims of phone hacking by Rupert Murdoch's News International says a significant new email has just emerged in litigation.

David Sherborne told the High Court on Wednesday that the email had been found in March by a law firm representing News International, but had only just been passed to phone hacking victims' lawyers.

He described the document as a significant ''instruction email in relation to a well-known individual victim's phone,'' and said it should have been disclosed earlier.

Sherborne told The Associated Press in a phone call that he couldn't elaborate as Judge Geoffrey Vos had barred attorneys from naming the email's sender, or subject, so as not to prejudice ongoing criminal investigations into hacking at Murdoch's publications.

News International declined comment.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content