A Hawke's Bay police officer is on trial for allegedly indecently assaulting five teenagers.
Adam Dunnett, 37, is alleged to have assaulted the young women while working as a lifeguard director at Ocean Beach between May 2011 and December last year.
The incidents are alleged to have happened at parties where alcohol was available.
Dunnett, a police officer for 10 years, has been suspended from duty on full pay.
He was working in the Flaxmere community.
The jury trial began at the Napier District Court this morning.
- The Dominion Post
Are you struggling to find a holiday job?Related story: Students struggle finding holiday jobs
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage