Police have released the name of the woman found dead in a horse paddock near Hastings yesterday.
Camille Reremoana Ferris, 53, of Gisborne, was found in the paddock yesterday afternoon by a horse rider.
Ms Ferris' death is still being treated as unexplained.
Detective Sergeant Darren Pritchard said Ms Ferris' body had been removed from the scene this afternoon and a post mortem was due to be held on Monday.
"The results of the post mortem will help us ascertain how she died," Pritchard said.
"Until then, we cannot confirm if the death is suspicious or otherwise.
"There is still a lot of work to be done to find out the circumstances of her death."
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage