A Pahiatua man is in a critical condition after cutting his face badly with a grinder.
The 38-year-old was airlifted by helicopter to Palmerston North Hospital about 10.30am. It was not clear how the accident happened, or if the man was working at the time.
He was conscious and in a stable condition when he was collected from rugby ground, a Palmerston North Rescue helicopter spokesman said.
- The Dominion Post
Is it worth it to fund a war museum in the capital for $18m?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage