A 14 year old girl was airlifted to Nelson Hospital at 5.15pm after being kicked in the stomach by a horse.
The duty manager at Nelson Hospital said she had suffered serious injuries and was still being treated in the hospital's emergency department at 8pm tonight.
The Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter picked the teenager up from Murchison late this afternoon and flew her to hospital in Nelson.
Will you stay up to watch the Cricket World Cup final?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage