An empty fuel can and signs of a break in have led police to believe a house fire in the Wellington suburb of Tawa was started deliberately.
Four engines and a scene command unit were called to the scene of the fire in a Housing New Zealand block of four units Tremewan St in Tawa at 7.55am this morning.
Police confirmed later that the fire was a suspected arson.
Inspector Dave Rose said a can of fuel had been found in a nearby street and there were signs of a break-in.
Nobody was believed to have been injured or trapped.
- The Bay Chronicle
What time should a Courtenay Pl curfew be imposed over Sevens weekend?Related story: Midnight curfew a big party pooper
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage