A bus driver and a passenger have been taken to hospital after two buses collided in central Wellington this evening.
Constable Richard Brearley said it appeared one bus had rear-ended another. A driver and passenger from the bus in front were injured, he said.
A Wellington Free Ambulance spokesman said paramedics were called to the scene of a bus versus bus collision on Lambton Quay at 5.18pm.
The two injured people were treated outside Radius Pharmacy on Lambton Quay.
Police are at the scene where a Go Wellington bus with a smashed windscreen and dented bumper is halted behind a Newlands coach in the northbound lane.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.