An Upper Hutt man injured his head after falling off his roof this afternoon.
The man, in his 50s, was working on his roof in Whitemans Valley when he fell two metres to the ground at around 1pm.
Life Flight Rescue Helicopter picked up the man from a paddock next to his home.
The man was treated by the helicopter paramedic, before being flown to Wellington Hospital emergency department to receive further treatment for moderate injuries.
He had lacerations to the back of the head, and it was not clear whether he had further injuries to the spine, said crewman Logan Taylor.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage