A Lotto player from Wellington will be phoning the bank tomorrow after striking it rich with a $1 million First Division win last night.
The winning ticket was sold at Paper Plus in Johnsonville.
Powerball was not struck and has jackpotted to an estimated $7m next weekend.
Strike also jackpotted and will be worth an estimated $200,000.
It was a lucky weekend for players in the capital with couple Margaret and Murray taking home $100,000 on the Winning Wheel.
- The Dominion Post
What is the purpose of speed cameras?Related story: Hundreds caught by new speed camera
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage