A Hawke's Bay man has serious facial injuries after a chainsaw kicked back into his face.
The 55-year-old from Ongaonga was driven by a friend to the Waipukurau Medical Centre after the accident and then flown by the Lowe Corporation rescue helicopter to Hawke's Bay Regional Hospital.
A hospital spokeswoman said the man was in serious condition.
The incident happened about 11am.
At about 3pm, the helicopter responded to another central Hawke's Bay incident after a man accidentally shot himself with a nail gun.
The 31-year-old man was also taken to hospital for further treatment for a punctured lung.
He was also in serious condition.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage