Fire has destroyed an Eketahuna farmhouse.
Fire crews from Eketahuna, Pahiatua and Woodville were called to the family home, on Pa Valley Rd, just after 1pm yesterday.
It took fire fighters just under an hour to get it under control, and while the farm house was still standing it was ''pretty much destroyed'' on the inside, Eketahuna Fire Chief Max Mayer said.
The kitchen and lounge area were ''totally burnt out'', as was the ceiling area.
The rest of the house was heavily smoke and water damaged, he said.
A fire investigator was expected to be at the property today.
- Manawatu Standard
Which Wellington cafe most deserves to win NZ Cafe of the Year?
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage