Bluebridge's Cook Strait ferry, Santa Regina, is out of action today after hitting its Wellington wharf while berthing after sailing from Picton last night.
Bluebridge spokeswoman Wendy Pannett said Santa Regina's return daylight sailing between Wellington and Picton had been cancelled because of the damage.
Santa Regina had been scheduled to sail from Wellington to Picton at 8am and to return from Picton to Wellington at 2pm, Pannett said.
"It's minor damage to the port side of the ship... near the stern door. Santa Regina will be out of action for just two sailings."
Do you think the Lions will beat Tasman tomorrow?Related story: Willie Ripia a genius move or more tinkering?
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage