Slip-affected houses being knocked down
Demolition of houses above slip beginsPAUL EASTON
Demolition of two slip-affected homes has started in the Wellington suburb of Kingston.
The houses were among those in Priscilla Crescent evacuated after a massive landslip came down in June last year.
Today a digger was on site, taking one of the homes down. It was planned to knock down a second home down tomorrow.
Emergency services were called to Kingston last year after a resident found a substantial chunk of the cliff had fallen away.
The slip was about 150 metres high and 40 metres wide.
Dozens of residents were evacuated, and the worst affected homes have remained cordoned off since then.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage