An Interislander ferry sailing was delayed for two hours this morning, after the master of the Kaitaki called in sick.
Passengers set for an 8:30am departure from Wellington were unable to leave until 10:30am, when the master of the Arahura was able to take the helm, after its arrival from Picton.
The 10:30am freight-only sailing of the Arahura was cancelled, meaning hold-ups for commerical customers.
''We are in communication with both freight and passenger customers around this issue and are working to accommodate them with a minimum of disruption,'' an Interislander spokesman said.
Staff sickness also caused a series of delays for Interislander in May.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage