A man charged over a fire at Kiwi Self Storage in Kilbirnie that destroyed hundreds of units is to go to trial.
The man's name remains suppressed until next week when a full hearing will be held.
He was also remanded in custody by Wellington District Court judge Tom Broadmore until September for a trial callover.
He has pleaded not guilty to damaging by fire immovable property level 2, block B at the storage facility on April 4.
The Crown has said there are hundreds of victims with over 370 units destroyed.
- The Dominion Post
Should Wellington drop Snapper in favour of Auckland's HOP card?Related story: Wellington move away from Snapper card - unfathomable
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage