The husband of fatally stabbed Miramar woman Mei Fan has been refused release on electronically monitored bail pending his trial next April.
Michael Edwin Preston , 59, has pleaded not guilty of murdering Mei Fan and breaching a domestic protection order both on November 8 last year.
In the High Court at Wellington today Preston asked to be freed on electronically monitored bail but Justice Robert Dobson refused.
Details of the hearing are suppressed by law.
- The Dominion Post
Is New Zealand's airport security stringent enough?Related story: Risky objects bypass Wellington Airport security
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage