State Highway 2 in and out of Wellington is now clear after the road was blocked by a crash which injured an elderly woman.
The crash between a car and a van happened at the intersection of Major Dr and State Highway 2 in Lower Hutt at 12.50pm, police said.
The van ended up on its side in a southbound lane while the car was blocking both lanes northbound.
The elderly woman who was driving the car suffered moderate to minor injuries while the van driver suffered little to no injuries.
The police serious crash unit would investigate the cause.
The road has now been re-opened and traffic is now flowing freely in both directions, a New Zealand Transport Agency spokesman said.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage