A school bus has been blown off the road in wind gusts at Eketahuna.
The bus came off the road in strong winds at about 8.10am on Mangaroa Road.
Police central communications Inspector Ian Harris said it appeared strong winds had blown the bus off the road and it was now on the roadside on a lean.
The driver and 18 children avoided injury and were loaded on to another bus within 30 minutes,
Harris said.Severe weather warnings are in place across much of the country with gale force winds expected in the lower North Island, MetService said.
- Manawatu Standard
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage