Ex-minister to defend murder-accused
A Swedish man accused of the murder of an Upper Hutt man is being represented by his country's former minister of justice.
Andreas Ringvall, 41, was arrested by Swedish police on July 29, accused of killing Robert Hollick, 43, at a bar in the Thailand town of Pattaya in 2012.
Yesterday, Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet reported that lawyer Thomas Bodstrom, justice minister from 2000 to 2006, would be acting as public defender. He said his client denied the killing.
Since 2011 Bodstrom has been an expert commentator on the Swedish equivalent of crime-solving show America's Most Wanted.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage