Two people are in hospital after a car crashed into a barrier and flipped on the Wellington motorway early this morning.
The yellow 1994 Subaru Impreza travelling northbound on the Hutt Road hit a central barrier and rolled, Wellington police said.
Emergency services were called to the scene about 1.45am.
One person with serious injuries was taken to Wellington Hospital, and another with moderate injuries was taken to Lower Hutt Hospital, a Wellington ambulance spokeswoman said.
Both were thought to be male, she said.
The left lane was blocked for about 15 minutes while police cleaned up the debris.
No other vehicles were involved.
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.