Man escapes through toilet window
A Porirua man has given the concept of a loo break a new meaning.
The man used a pause in questioning as a window of opportunity to escape the Porirua Police Station via a first floor toilet window.
He escaped around midday today after being escorted to the bathroom during an interview session, Kapi-Mana area commander Detective Inspector Paul Basham said.
Fortunately,everyone was able to finish their business.
The escapee was located within five minutes, arrested and returned to the police station where he was charged with escaping custody.
The man received some medical treatment for minor injuries sustained during his escape, Basham said.
- The Dominion Post
Would you buy a house in Farmer Cres?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage