Hundreds of South Karori residents are being warned they could be without fresh water for up to six hours after a water main burst earlier this evening.
Wellington City Council spokesman Clayton Anderson said the rupture happened on a section of the network at the corner of Allington Rd and Makara Rd about 7pm.
Contractors were on site working to assess and fix the problem but Anderson said it could take up to six hours to fix as it had been deemed a ''major burst.''
Anderson said most affected houses should have their water back on by 10.30pm.
Only houses in streets immediately surrounding the burst would be affected for another few hours.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage