A woman has died after being struck by a car in central Wellington early this morning.
Emergency services were called to Vivian St, between Taranaki St and Tory St, about 1.40am after the 24-year-old was hit by a car.
She died shortly after in hospital.
The road was closed while the police serious crash unit investigated.
The driver of the car is helping police with their inquiries.
Police are making contact with the woman's family members and no other details are available at this stage, police central communications sergeant Andy Dow said.
- The Dominion Post
Do you think the Lions will beat Tasman tomorrow?Related story: Willie Ripia a genius move or more tinkering?
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage