A 30-year-old woman has been taken to hospital after being struck by a car while cycling near Wellington's Basin Reserve.
A police communications spokesman said the incident occurred around 8.20 this morning on Rugby St.
The extent of the woman's injuries was not known.
Police were still at the scene around 9.00 this morning but traffic was still moving.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Is John Banks' upcoming trial the end for the ACT party?Related story: Banks takes only viable option
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage