A man found dead underneath a quad bike in Hawke's Bay today was discovered by his family.
Emergency services were called to the scene on a remote section of farmland in Mangaorapa east of Dannevirke about 12.50pm.
An ambulance communications spokesman said the man was dead when discovered by family.
A police communications spokesman said it was unknown how the quad bike - which had a trailer attached - had come to be on top of the man.
The serious crash unit and the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment would investigate, he said.
- The Dominion Post
Is it worth it to fund a war museum in the capital for $18m?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage