Tomorrow morning's commuters will experience delays due to the derailment of a train on the Kapiti line earlier this afternoon.
A freight train wagon travelling from Hamilton to Welllington derailed between Plimmerton and Pukerua Bay train stations about 11.45am, a Kiwirail spokesperson said.
There were no injuries and as the wagon had remained upright, the cargo was not thought to be damaged.
The section of track where the accident occurred will reopen later tonight, but a speed restriction will be in place and will cause delays for services tomorrow morning.
Two services will be replaced by bus and one service has been cancelled. The services affected are:
• 5:00am from Waikanae to Wellington will be replaced by buses
• 5:30am from Waikanae to Wellington will be replaced by buses
• 5:52am from Wellington to Waikanae is cancelled
• 5:47am from Wellington to Plimmerton will depart at 5:52am and will stop all stations
- The Dominion Post
The lower drink-driving limits from December are:Related story: Drink-drive limits lowered
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage