Two missing kayakers were found safe and well this afternoon after they failed to arrive at the Napier end of the Tutaekuri river last night.
The kayakers had been dropped at the top end of the Tutaekuri River yesterday and were due to reach Napier that night, but failed to arrive.
The Hawke's Bay rescue helicopter located the two men five kilometres down stream from their drop off point. They had carried and dragged their kayaks over rocks due to low waters levels and were tired and hungry.
- The Dominion Post
Should motorists have to give cyclists 1.5m of space when overtaking?Related story: Law mooted to force space for cyclists
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage