A woman hit by a train near Porirua on Saturday has died.
The woman, in her late 30s, was struck by a train beside State Highway 1 opposite Whitford Brown Ave, Porirua, at 11.15am.
She was flown to Wellington Hospital by helicopter on Saturday.
She died in the intensive care unit yesterday morning as a result of her injuries, a Wellington Hospital spokesman said.
- The Dominion Post
What effect will a potential ban on booze at Rugby Sevens 2015 have on you?Related story: Booze ban hovers over sevens
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage