Police believe a body found in the Lower Hutt suburb of Naenae could be that of a missing 55 year-old man.
The body was found in bush behind Wilcox Grove, Naenae today.
Formal identification of the body was yet to be completed, Acting Senior Sergeant Nick Thom said.
However police suspected the body may be that of Lesley Kreibel, a 55-year-old autistic man reported missing in November 2013.
Mr Kreibel's family have been informed of the discovery.
He went missing from his home in Crawford Gr, Naenae in November last year.
Mr Kreibel was last seen wearing three quarter length blue shorts, a brown jersey and sandals.
- The Dominion Post
Should an employee be allowed to keep their job despite testing positive for cannabis?
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.