A motorist has survived after a car tumbled 80 metres down a bank near Upper Hutt.
The incident happened shortly before 3.30pm on Waterworks Rd in Kaitoke.
A Police communications spokesman said the female driver was conscious when emergency services arrived. She was pulled up the bank from her car on a stretcher and is believed to have only suffered minor injuries. She was taken to Hutt Hospital.
No one else was involved in the crash.
- Fairfax Media
Does more need to be done to protect NZ passports?
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region.
• Reporters: News, Business, Sport, Features
• Newsroom 0800 366 7678
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Place an ad: Email or call 04 474 0000
• Subscribe: Email or call 0800 50 50 90
• No paper: Call 0800 50 50 90
• Start or stop your paper
• View the Digital Edition
• Make dompost.co.nz your homepage