In the Kitchen
A quick herb and nut crust takes this simple fish dish to the next level.
Use the best quality stock you can get for this recipe.
ROASTED FISH WITH PARSLEY AND HAZELNUT CRUST
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|4 red-skinned potatoes, washed, thinly sliced|
|1 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced|
|1 1⁄2 cups (375ml) good-quality vegetable stock|
|3⁄4 cup flat-leafed parsley leaves, finely chopped|
|1⁄3 cup hazelnuts, roasted, finely chopped|
|2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest|
|1 clove garlic, finely chopped|
|4 x 180g skinned and boned John Dory fillets|
|300g brussels sprouts, thickly sliced|
NEED TO KNOW
1 cup frozen peas
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C then brush a roasting pan with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Spread the potatoes and leek in a thin layer over the base of the pan and drizzle with 1 cup of the stock. Bake for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the parsley, hazelnuts, zest, garlic and 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of the remaining oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Put the fish on a clean work surface. Spoon the parsley mixture evenly over one side of each fillet, using the back of the spoon to lightly press to secure.
4. Remove the potato mix from the oven and arrange the fish over the top, crust side up. Bake for a further 6-8 minutes or until the potato is tender and the fish just cooked.
5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sprouts and fry, tossing, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Add the remaining stock and the peas. Bring to the boil and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until the peas are hot and the sprouts tender. Season to taste.
7.Spoon the potato mixture and fish on to 4 serving plates. Serve with the sprouts mix.