BREAKING NEWS
Reserve Bank raises official interest rate to 3.5% ... Read more
Close

Samaritan in hospital after saving dog

Last updated 11:30 03/06/2014
Whitby house fire
CAMERON BURNELL/Fairfax NZ

DESTROYED: A Whitby house after it was gutted by fire. A good Samaritan was taken to hospital after rescuing a dog from the blaze.

Relevant offers

A good Samaritan had to be treated in hospital after rescuing a dog from a Porirua house fire last night.

The blaze at the two-storey home on Azimuth Pl, Whitby, started just before 8pm, a central region fire communications spokesman said.

The house was severely damaged.

A passerby was taken to Wellington Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after intervening to rescue the family's dog. The dog was being treated at a nearby vet clinic.

The homeowners were out at the time.

 


Ad Feedback

- The Dominion Post

Special offers
Opinion poll

How excited are you about the 2014 Commonwealth Games?

It's gold, bring it on

It's okay, like a watered-down Olympics

Not really - but I'll be once NZ serve up some dramatics.

Old episodes of Friends are more exciting.

Vote Result

Related story: After the hype, time to let the Games begin

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content