Faafoi the region's biggest spending MP
Mana MP Kris Faafoi was the most extravagant member for the Wellington region in the third quarter of last year, spending $17,252 on travel and accommodation.
MPs' parliamentary expenses between July 1 and September 30 last year show a big gap between the frugal few and the rest.
Labour's MP for Mana claimed the biggest expenses for Wellington region MPs, racking up more than $7000 on flights in three months and another $8500 on land travel.
He was followed by MP for Wairarapa, National's John Hayes, who spent $13,162.
Mr Hayes, who has the longest commute for the region's MPs, also spent $5217 on accommodation in Wellington. He was only MP in the region to spend anything on accommodation in the capital.
On the other side of the scale, National's Otaki MP Nathan Guy was the most frugal, spending only $788, all on flights. He was closely followed by Ohariu MP Peter Dunne who spent $968.
Wellington region MPs' expenses:
- Kris Faafoi, Mana, Labour: $17,252
- John Hayes, Wairarapa, National: $13,162
- Annette King, Rongotai, Labour: $13,040
- Grant Robertson, Wellington Central, Labour: $9,514
- Chris Hipkins, Rimutaka, Labour: $7,547
- Trevor Mallard, Hutt South, Labour: $5,832
- Peter Dunne, Ohariu, United Future: $968
- Nathan Guy, Otaki, National: $788
The Dominion Post