Sacked Radio New Zealand news boss Lynne Snowdon has come up with $240,000 in security for costs, meaning her 10-year employment battle with the state broadcaster should finally be heard.
The Employment Court has confirmed the sum was paid the week before last.
In a ruling made in May, Employment Court judge Anthony Ford gave Ms Snowdon until early this month to pay the security ahead of the trial, set to begin on September 30.
It is set down to last at least four weeks.
Ms Snowdon left RNZ in January 2003 on sick leave after falling out with former chief executive Sharon Crosbie over allegations of financial mismanagement.
She was sacked in 2005, but mounted a prolonged legal battle over allegations concerning the manner in which she was dismissed.
The security order was first made in July 2011. Ms Snowdon had previously been ordered to pay $200,000 by April.
Judge Ford gave her "one final opportunity of satisfying the security for costs order".
Ms Snowdon's solicitor, Richard Fletcher, said that the only thing he could say was that the matter was likely to proceed as planned.
RNZ spokesman John Barr said the organisation would not comment while the matter was still before the court.
- © Fairfax NZ News
With festive flags and trees out this year, is council killing Christmas?Related story: Council takes the cheer out of Christmas