Naenae family escapes house fire

KAROLINE TUCKEY
Last updated 14:44 17/09/2012
Naenae hous fire
JO HEFFERNAN
Family home hit: A Naenae family escaped a house fire with their lives, but all their possessions are gone.

Relevant offers

Hutt News

Playcentre turns 75 amidst organisational shake-down Cheap Belmont camping site a big hit with budget travellers 'Free' post-school education investment in future - MP Hutt Hospital mental health patient starts fire in supposedly secure room Naenae College principal pleasantly surprised to be a Senior New Zealander of the Year finalist Hutt women set up Wellington Rabbit Rescue to care for sick, abandoned pets Lower Hutt's profitable Save the Children shop faces the chop Former Wellington undertaker admits fault in causing cyclist's brain damage Maritime police find Hutt Valley boaties well behaved over summer Petone Grenada Link road making life difficult for Petone businesses

A young family is lucky to have escaped a house fire in Naenae that destroyed the building and all their possessions.

The two adults and three children, the youngest born in June, escaped after they were alerted by a smoke alarm in the kitchen just after 9am on Sunday morning.

Lower Hutt senior station officer Morgan Wills said it appeared the fire started in a spare room in the front of the house as the children slept.

An investigation would be difficult as the house was so burnt it would be hard to determine a cause, he said.
The Sinclair Gr house was rented from a private landlord.

''They've lost everything - every possession they had. It's pretty sad, really,'' Mr Wills said.

Ad Feedback

- Hutt News

Comments

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content